For starters, there are other group travel companies out there, but I found a few issues that I felt weren’t being solved.
- Many are for a younger traveler.
- Many are for an older traveler.
- Some are just too large. I personally don’t like to feel like I’m in a herd when I travel.
- Many have an “adventure” focus. I like some adventure, but I wanted something that was more a mix of culture, food, sightseeing and maybe some elements of adventure, but not the core focus.
- Many are for a co-ed group, but I wanted to create something specifically for females and centered around female bonding.
So, I found there was a reason to form what I consider the perfect retreat group for females in the GenX and Millenial age group.
The Sips & Sojourn experience:
There are a few pillars that are important to me in every Sips retreat:
FUN – Enough said.
UNIQUE – You will have experiences that are curated and special with the local culture, getting access to things you wouldn’t on your own.
EASY – This is a full service, low stress way to see places that might otherwise feel complicated, risky or overwhelming to plan.
RESTORATIVE – You will return from your trip ready to take on life again with a renewed positivity and clear head.
Group travel for newbies:
Never done group travel before? I know some people are hesitant. But having done several group trips I can tell you there is a magic element when you get like-minded people together in a situation that is new to the whole group. Friendships and bonds form fast, likely because you all have one thing in common: Everyone is out of their element! It doesn’t matter if you’re an extrovert or introvert, I find that the group dynamic can be a magical thing, particularly when you have a guide and only need to worry about discovering and having fun. I have made life-long friends on group retreats and I believe you will too!
What to expect:
- Boutique hotels and villas I’d classify as affordable luxury with high design
- See the iconic sights but also having guided “off the beaten path” adventures, showing you the true culture of a destination
- Special and unique excursions with local experts that are passionate about their culture (wine makers, chefs, artists, monks, cultural guides)
- Shopping opportunities for local gifts and supporting the local economy
- Food and drink experiences in the tradition of the locale
- Wellness activities and optional spa time
- Down time to recharge